The turnout for the 2021 WPT Lucky Hearts Poker Open Championship was nothing short of incredible. The two starting flights combined to put 1,573 entries in the game and pushed the $1,000,000 guarantee to over a $5,000,000 prize pool. That is good enough for our second-biggest WPT Championship in our history behind only the WPT Poker Showdown Championship in 2014.
We have 567 players returning today for Day 2 at noon and the Seminole Ballroom will be filled to capacity plus 14 tables restarting in the Poker Room. Those players will be pulled over to the ballroom as seating permits until everyone is back together.
Of all the players from around the world and country, it is Florida’s Art Peacock returning with the chip lead. His 426,500 is tops with David Lee (404,500), Matthew Stuff (385,500), Fares Santana (363,500), and Zhi Wu (346,500) filling out the top five.
Play is scheduled to last ten full levels on Day 2 with a break every two levels. The blinds start at 1,000/2,000 with a 2,000 ante and the average stack is 111,000 (55 bb).
Cards go back in the air at noon and we will track the action throughout the day.
Top 10 returning stacks:
- Art Peacock – 426,500 (213 bb)
- David Lee – 404,500 (202 bb)
- Matthew Stuff – 385,500 (193 bb)
- Fares Santana – 363,500 (182 bb)
- Zhi Wu – 346,500 (173 bb)
- Nathaniel Bandy – 340,000 (170 bb)
- Luis Torres – 338,500 (169 bb)
- Andrew Munier – 313,500 (157 bb)
- David Miscikowski – 313,500 (157 bb)
- Haim Or Krief – 300,000 (150 bb)