Seminole Hard Rock Poker Open Event 1 cruised through six starting flights, drew massive numbers, and put more than $1.7 million up for grabs in the $600 buy-in tournament.
The tournament attracted 3,229 entries but only 524 of them were able to survive the initial 14 levels of play. They return to the Event Center today at 1 pm and begin the process of playing down to our champion.
Roberto Berrocal has the chip lead at the restart and his 439,500 is the only stack over 400K. SHRP regular Ido Ashkenazi’s 389,500 puts him in second overall with Howard Bregman, Thomas Camacho, and Charles Odenz rounding out the top five.
Other notables returning include “Miami John” Cernuto, Craig Varnell, Wally Maddah, Nancy Thomas, Jessica Dawley, Jake Schwartz, and WSOP Seniors Event champ Howard Mash.
The first order of business will be the money bubble with 323 getting paid and it should be nearby the time they reach the first break of the day.
Blind levels increase to 40 minutes and will remain that way until increasing to 60 minutes for the final table. The average stack is 123,000 (31 bb) at the restart in Level 15 with blinds at 2,000/4,000 and a 4,000 big blind ante.
Top ten returning stacks:
- Roberto Berrocal – 439,500 (110 bb)
- Ido Ashkenazi – 389,500 (97 bb)
- Howard Bregman – 377,500 (94 bb)
- Thomas Camacho – 347,000 (87 bb)
- Charles Odenz – 341,000 (85 bb)
- Nader Bahhur – 330,500 (83 bb)
- Carlos Rodriguez Rojas – 328,000 (82 bb)
- Borja Iglesias Jato – 327,000 (82 bb)
- Brett Bader – 324,500 (81 bb)
- Brette Dejesus – 321,000 (80 bb)